Job Title: Shop Associate
Department: Bike shop, general
Reports To: Executive Director
Compensation: Starting at $14/hour (up to $17/hr after 90 days)
Hours: Up to 30 hours, Monday through Saturday, flexible schedule
The Cola Town Bike Collective is a non-profit bicycle shop. We provide full bike services and new and used parts. Our programs include providing low cost and no cost service to folks who rely on their bikes as their only form of transportation. We partner with organizations to provide free bikes to those in need.
For more information, please see our 2022 Impact Report.
This position requires intermediate knowledge and experience with bike service and products including basic repairs, technical knowledge, and ability to learn efficiently. Ideally, this position would lead to a full-time shop manager position.
- Intermediate product knowledge of the used bikes and brands we sell
- Share product knowledge and enthusiasm for bikes with customers
- Review the tasks for the day at the start of each shift
- Help customers with the service process
- Help our free clients with quick repairs
- Ensure that proper safety practices are being followed
- Ensure customer service standards are being met
- Make sure that there is good communication with the lead mechanic
- Help maintain a positive work environment
- Maintain a high degree of cleanliness and organization of the repair shop
- Manage online sales/listings for bikes & parts
- Assist with website/social/blog upkeep
Successful completion of following orientation and training:
- Complete onboarding/training
- 2 weeks side-bike-side training with lead mechanic
- Complete build of 2 give-away bikes in established time
- Familiarity with POS and Donation tracking software
Education/Experience: No shop experience required, just familiarity with bikes, products, and basic maintenance.
Skills and Traits:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Team working skills
- Organizational skills
- High energy level
- Ability to solve problems in various situations
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to test ride bikes
- Enthusiastic, positive, analytical
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job
- Able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
Feel free to contact us with your resume or any additional questions.